Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

How much should I expect to pay for a timing belt replacement (v6) in Ontario?

Thanks,

-spish:freak:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Get the water pump chagned while you are there! good idea, because the pump it right there and it wil not cost anymore labor or it should not, just parts. get the water pump from mazda because they redisnged the pumps so they work better. also you want to change the two belts that are right there too

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I paid $300 US for the timing belt and accessory belt jobs. I guess the $CDN equivalent is around $450. You should be able to call any shop or dealer and they'll tell you how much it should be.

Tyson

·
Registered
123 Posts
The timing belt cost about 130 CDN plus taxes and labour if applicable.. I had it priced up a few weeks ago just to get done to be ahead on things. She's due for a new one based on milage yet there seems to be noproblems so I've decieded to hold off a little longer..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was that just the part or part+installation? if so, where? that seems rather inexpensive.

ps. thanks all for the info!

-spish:freak:

·
Registered
123 Posts
As I said above that's $130CDN Plus tax and cost of the instalation labour charge. $130CDN for the belt alone plus tax from my local Mazda Dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I paid around $1,000 when I had mine done last year at a Mazda dealership. BUT, I also had the waterpump, waterpump pulley, timing belt tensioner, and some seals replaced as well as a coolant flush. The labour charge was $74/hour. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone around Calgary I would trust with my car except a Mazda dealer. The timing belt by itself was $99 plus GST and the labour for that alone was around 3-3.5 hours. If you are having someone do it, also have them check the tensioner to see if it needs replacing, and replace the water pump if it hasn't been done. The additional labour for changing the water pump, pulley, and tensioner should only be about an extra 1-1.5 hours on top of the timing belt labour charge (excluding the cost of the parts). You have to get to the timing belt to change these other things anyways, so you might as well kill 2 birds with one stone. I think the water pump was around $140, the pulley $45, and the tensioner was around $190. I am recalling this from memory so I may be off a few bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts