Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it's difficult to replace timing belt in a '93 MX-6 with four cylinder engine? I'm not sure if I can do that myself... or do you think it's better to have the mechanic do that for me??

I'm good with my hands, I have replaced starter, fan belts, radiator, heater core, spark plugs, water pump, etc...in Honda, old Jeep, Cadillac, Ford, etc... but timing belt?? I've never tried that before.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
get u a haynes repair manual, and u can do just about anythign u want to do. u just have some now how about it. good luck, it is a great idea to change the belt. good luck, i know i didnot tell u much, but it might help u some.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Chilton's manual book...I read about remove/install timing belt in a FS engine (2.0 liter four banger).

Step 11 (Page 3-78) says: "Support the engine using engine support tool 49-G017-5A0. Remove the right side engine mount."

Is there another way to support the engine other than using the tool 49-G017-5A0??

What is the life expectany for water pump? Should I replace it at the same time I do the timing belt replacement?

My '93 Mazda has only 59,000 miles on it.

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts