Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to check the v6 timing..??

I have the details for the ford probe, but the PCM is different..!! Is there a connection in the diag connector, to set the speed exactly..??

Cheers

·
Registered
488 Posts
If it is a 93-95 all you need is a small piece of wire, a timing light and a small socket wrench. Start the car, use the small piece of wire to jumper the TEN and GND pins in teh diagnostics plug under the hood next to the fuse box. Now as long as the car is still running you can use the timing light to see where the timing is set. If the car stops running you'll need to adjust your TPS first. The timing marks are on the crankshaft pulley on the passenger side of the car. The yellow mark on the pulley should line up with the 10 degree before top dead center mark, or within 1 degree. If it is off more than that then loosen the distributor lock bolts and rotate the distributor until the timing is within spec. Once done retorque the bolts to 14-18 ft.lbs. and you are done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool.... where's the TEN pin exactly..??

Do you know which pin in the Diag connector is TEN..??

I've a 92 626, but I think its the same as your 93..(I 'm in Ireland).

Cheers

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Puzzled said:
Anyone know how to check the v6 timing..??

I have the details for the ford probe, but the PCM is different..!! Is there a connection in the diag connector, to set the speed exactly..??

Cheers
The OBD-I PGT & MX6 V6 share the same PCM. I'm not positive the OBD-II years (1996 and 1997) do, but I know for a fact the early years are the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts