Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 93 mx6 ls and i went to get it tinted the other day..the guys said he couldnt do the back window because the rear deck where the speakerss are, is in the way and he cant get the tint all the way down...i was wondering if anyone has ever taken their rear deck off and how much trouble it was...thanks

G

·
i tint windows profecianally, and i did not take out anything and i got it doen, that guy must not know how to tint, mine look awesome, and i didnt even thnik abou taking my car apart. take it to seomone who knows how to do the stuff

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just had mine done over the weekend.

The back window has a curve that can cause headaches but the company that did mine just took the rear window out, tinted it, and re-sealed everything and popped it back in at no extra cost. It looks awesome now as I opted for this new, to me, solar tint with a the security shatter proof film built in.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
the back dash:
remove the side back pannels before starting. you have to flips the seats down remove the 4 screws on the front. then remove the speakers and the backet that holds them in place, that has 4 screws on each. then remove the back dash brake light all of it, 2 nuts for it i believe. then grap a hold on it and pull up first. grap in the speaker holes and pull up and then out. it is not a fun removal at all. i have done it twice. but you should not have to do that. find a new place to tint the windows

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i talked to the guy and he said the gasket around the back deck, between the deck and the window, is coming loose and is pushed up high against the window. thats why he cant get the tint down far enough, and i cant clip it because that gasket keeps the deck from vinrating against the window..any ideas, or will i just have to remove the deck?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, i just talked to the guy and he said it took him forever, but its finally done. now i just have to go pick it up, hopefully its looks good.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ztriumph said:
yeah, i just talked to the guy and he said it took him forever, but its finally done. now i just have to go pick it up, hopefully its looks good.
if it dont then, they should have some type of policy that says that they have to do it over if it comes off or anything happens to it. i know a place around here at does that. but the tint must be of legal %. later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts