Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to be tackling swapping a passenger door today and I don't need to tell you how heavy it is! I'll only have my wife to help me. Was thinking of supporting the door with a jack? anybody got a better idea? also what torque do I need to tighten the bolts to? Also regarding alignment I'll be unbolting hinges from the door side so actually it can only fit in one position right? I mean there is no alignment to be done?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
The only door I ever installed did not line up first try. I believe we unbolted the hinges from the frame (body) side, not the door side.

Even though you would think the doors wouldn't need alignment as the bolts are close to the size of the holes, even if it's off a hair (literally), by the end of the door (4 or so feet later) that's a lot more.

Good luck. If your window leaks after, probably mis-aligned.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes this is what i'm afraid of, i'm really trying to decide whether to get my existing door repaired but that's going to cost more since I only paid a small amount for the secondhand door which is finished in the right shade.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
it depends on the amount of work needed for ur door.. i would replace it if its wavy or needs paint, cuz that usually will cost $150+, might aswell save that money if u already have a good door

1 - 5 of 5 Posts