Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know according to the tire shops computers that the largest size tire to fit on my stock rims are 225/50/15 but is that it? Can't I go with say 225/55/15 or a 60 series in that size? What is the largest 15" tire I can put on without having it rub? Has anyone done this? What's your tire size? I know someone has put the Probe GT's rims/tires on the MX6, what is the MX6's tire size equivalent to the Probe GT's tire size? I'd like to fill in the wheel well abit with out lowering the car or having the tire rub.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You probably can go with a larger sidewall but are you prepared for the trade offs? Less handling ability with more flew in the sidewall, your odometer and speedometer will both be wrong and the worst of all the car itself will sit higher off the ground since while adding rubber between the fender and the rim you'll also be adding it between the ground and the rim. Personally I wouldn't do it but if really want to i don't see any reason that the 55 series tires wouldn't fit, 60s might be pushing it too far though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts