Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put my new 16" wheels and tires on I was farely pleased with the results (though I would have liked a more low profile tire.) But then I was cruising around some member websites and I found smachan. His MX6 has 16" probe gt wheels with tires that look much smaller.

These are mine:

My tires are size 205/55-r16. Is that the correct size for or cars with 16" wheels? Or did smachan just put on the wrong size, I don't want to mess up my speedometer but I would like more low profile tires. Maybe the people that put mine on just messed up? Anyone who has any thoughts/comments please help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Yep, 205-50-16's are almost an exact match for the stock 195-60-16's. It's somewhere about 0.5% off, which isnt noticeable. I did the calculations before I ordered my rims/tires (which should be here thursday! woo hoo!) :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys... Do you think that having bigger tires screws up my speed/odometer much? I wonder if I would have grounds to get a refund on those from the store I bought them? Any ideas?

·
Registered
280 Posts
what about 17's?

i am putting 17's on mine..and what will tat do to my speedo? do i have to change something for the final gear ratio?? and how do i do it??

email me at [email protected] with the answers

madrox

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
for info on 17's get intouch with AusMx6......he has very nice set on his

1 - 10 of 10 Posts