Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the faqs and posts about tires, but im still a little confused. I am aboutt o get 17x7 with 40mm offset. miata tire size calc suggests i get 215x40x17 because thats the closest to stock speedo. But wouldnt 40 be too little for sidewall? and im guessing it would be easier to bend the rims. So is there a big deifference whethe i will go with 215x40x17, or 205x40(45)x17, or, as stated in faq's, 215x45x17? Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did, but thats nto the thing, if i go with the lowest size i can get, 205 40 17 i think, im afraid it will be very easy to bend my rims because of not enought cushion

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would just get the largest sidewall that would look good on your wheel. What's the point of having nice wheels if the tire is too big and ugly to let them show thier true colors? Eh? Obviously going with a smaller sidewall is going to increase the likelihood of your wheel getting bent, it's just your preference of form over function or vice versa. Anyway, On a Miata (as I gathered from your post) I'd think a 215/40 would look great on a 17" wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts