Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this is a real burner. I bought my Six a set of BSA five spokes and 205/50/15 Kuhmo Ecstas the monday after a show in June. Since then, I have logged a little over 20,000 KM with a fair bit of highway driving. I don't do burnouts, except a little low traction skitter with the rain or snow (Canada...) i put my factory rims and all season tires back on the other day and noticed the front ones are almost burnt out, while the rears are virtually unscathed. Is this due to our rampent understeer, crappy tires or am I just gunnin it too hard? Only raced em 2ice. How much klicks should I expect out of a set of proeprly inflated skins?

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
When was the last time you had an alignment? If that is off, kiss your tires goodbye. The Ecstats are not the best quality tire when it comes to treadwear ratings (one of the reasons they are so cheap). I've also heard they are on the soft side. Never actually owned a set of Kumos...just going by word of mouth. But only 20,000km isn't that much for your size.

The front tires are going to wear faster, that is why they are supposed to be rotated. Go get your alignment checked and rotate em. :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
When I first bought my six they had brand new Kuhmo's and they went FAST. But then again, for the price you really can't complain. Performance at a cheap price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tru dat. I suppose I might be able to squeeze another season out of em, but I got the all seasons on for the snow. Also it recently came to my attention someone I let pick my car up once went apesh*t with her, so some baldness explained...:flamer:

G

·
i had the same problem when i first bought my six. New 17 in rims with khumo 205-40-17. The front tires went in 2 months, got an alignment and new tires. They started to go again, took it to my shop. control arm bushings... along with the drop and the camber they can go quick...
hope it helps..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts