Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear guys,

I have a little dilemma here, for the last two months, I have been contemplating on getting tires. I preferably would like to get V rated tires like the stock bridgestones RE92's. They cost a little too much for my pocket to allow.they cost 118 a piece. Well, I have a choice of 3 tires that I want to get, and only these tires.

Bridgestone RE71's V rated...high performance not all year round tires(Summer tires) but 68 dollars a piece...excellent wet and dry ratings but I heard they aren't great in snow

PirelliP6000's sport veloce Vrated, all season grand touring tires, excellent in the dry and rain, they are ok in snow. All year M+S tire. They are 80 a piece.

PirelliP7000's summer excellent in dry, sticky tires, 100 a piece.

Any opinions would be great.

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
405 Posts
i got a set of the bridgestones. dont waste your money. i cant stand them and firestone wouldnt return them on their 30 day trial.

G

·
I have RE71s on my car and I can say that they are pretty noisy, but they're grippy and ride pretty well. They seem to work well in the wet too. For that price you can't go wrong. Where are you getting these prices by the way? Those are some pretty good deals.

G

·
I had pirelli p6000 velocesport tires on the stock 15" wheels. They were fantastic in dry weather, but not so great in rain. I tore them all up on a ridiculous back-road trip through snowy west-virginia...god i wish i had photos of that. Imagine rally driving on a dirt road covered with 5 inches of snow with a cliff (no railing) on one side dropping something like 200 ft down. It was NUTS!!! anyway i got new rims so I'm using my stocks as winter tires right now with bridgestone touring tires. In summary, the pirelli's are awesome, but don't drive in rain thinking they're all that, and don't drive on dirt roads covered with snow.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dear will mx6,

The tire prices come from tire rack. I'll just bring them to my mechanic and he can install them for me. The bridestones are 68 dollars a piece because they are going to be discontinued. How are they in the snow?

regards,

Anthony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts