Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93' LS stock 205/55/15
Does or has anyone changed their stock tires to another size while using the original 15" rims??
I am planning to purchase a new set of tires but I want something bigger....considering to get 225/50/15. Will this fit? Or are there any 215/55/15 that will fit?? Please help me out by stating the brand and sizes to me..

Thanks guys

G

·
0 Posts
yeah the 225's should fit on the rims...i just bought a new set of tires and was considering goin a little bigger, like the 225/50/15s but i decided to stick with the stock size simply for wet traction. the wider the tire the easier they'll spin when its wet. you will get better dry traction with the wider ones, but mine stick just fine. i got the Bridgestone Potenzas, they're directionals and they have a great wear rating.

G

·
0 Posts
Also keep in mind that having wider tires will reduce the stiffness of the sidewalls because there is less wheel supporting it, so you may get worse cornering. The main advantage of wider tires in your case would be acceleration from stop, and that effect wouldn't be much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts