Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires should I get? I'm going to stay with the 15 inchers for now. What size/brand tire for a decent price (under $75 a tire) would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Kumho Ecsta Supra's are pretty inexpensive, and I haven't heard anything bad about them. They've got a pretty agressive tread pattern, unless I hear a bunch of people say they've had bad experiences with them, I'll probably buy those next. I've been using Potenza RE910's, and they're really good, but, about $105 apiece for 205/50/15's.
The Kumhos are available from Discount Tire, though they'd probably have to order them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hi,

pirelli p4000's are pretty good might find them in v rated but i know they come in H. yokahama avidh4 or the v4's are great too.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have Yoko Avid H4's. I like them pretty well, and they were only $56 each or so from Tirerack.com for 15"ers. They have good cornering grip, and aren't noisy. I don't think I'm gonna get more than 40k out of them though, but maybe that is still a good trade off. Tread pattern is kinda boring looking, if that matters to you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah dude, http://www.tirerack.com all the way. I got a pair of Potenza RE910s for the front for $60 a piece, and they were on my doorstep in 3 days. Don't get screwed by tire mechanics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're sticking with 15's then go with the 205/55's. To get a decent tire for a good price then check on tirerack.com for good survey's. There is a ton of good info on that website. Also you might want to try this. I got my last set of tires from Firestone (I just find it easier to drop my car off for an hour and let them do the labor), before I went there I picked out the tires I wanted (Firestone SS20's) from tirerack and the price they were selling them for ($65), then I called up Firestone and they got the tires I needed and charged me the same as tirerack would have and I didn't have to wait a week for them to get to me. I totally recommend these tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have yokohama s306's from discount, they were about $75,
but these seriously are some badass tires i went with 205/50's and i really like 'em alot. handling is a major, i mean major improvement great grip too, wet and dry.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Does anyone run 215/50-15's on their car? It seems that will all the people running 16-17 rims, that the 215/50's should fit fine on a 15 inch rim

·
Registered
36 Posts
well the s306's in 215's were about $15-$20 more a piece and the 205's ive got are awesome so i wouldnt waste the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts