Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...i need to change my mx-6 tires
it's 94, and i guess i still using the original tires
195/65/14
I used 7000 miles within 3 months (highway)
i need dependable and durable tire.
I called local tires store, and i have several options, but I'm not sure what brand should I use.
Cooper, Michelin, BFGoodrich, or Goodyear?
Is cooper a good one?
I heard it's worse than other.
I was thinking to get Goodrich, please help me here guys....thank you ~~

·
Registered
483 Posts
pirelli p4000's are great all season tires, they are affordable, michelin's are expensive in my opinion, and for less money, I would consider the H rated pirelli p4000 tires, they offer great traction and low noise with comfort, and handling. Also low tread wear.

Power is nothing without control-Pirelli :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much did you buy for pirelli, integrale4wd?
I don't think I can find that brand in local store.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i currently have the Pirelli P4000 on my car 195/65/14.

they are pretty decent all around tires buy i plan on getting 16s soon. they do squel quite a bit when taking them thru hard turns - but they haven't let me slip yet.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the Dunlop SP5000's on the OEM 15" rims, and they are actually rated higher in all season conditions then the pirelli's. I I got them for like 75-80 a piece throughone of those online wholesale tire places.
Give it a look

·
Registered
483 Posts
Kinger said:
I have the Dunlop SP5000's on the OEM 15" rims, and they are actually rated higher in all season conditions then the pirelli's. I I got them for like 75-80 a piece throughone of those online wholesale tire places.
Give it a look
the dunlop SP5000's are great tires but they don't fit a 14" rim, only 15" and up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have Dunlop SP8000's on my car. They are great tires and are pretty cheap on tirerack.com, something like $90 each for mine. I have also heard good things about the pirelli's like the above posts read but have never used them personally.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got Kumho Ecsta Supra 720, awesome tire, low noise, superb turning, better wear (from experience) than the dunlops. Nice stiff sidewalls give me the look I want. Try for the 220/45 R15. They'll fit the stock rims, but give you a much larger contact patch, and look awesome from behind. When I needed tires from Tirerack.com, they were out of this size, and I needed to replace the original RE92's (at 55,000) with the stock size.

One problem, you'll need Blizzaks in the winter, these are not all season. Don't toss these because of it, you would not believe the rain traction! For $68 a piece, it don't get much better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts