Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all of those who do not believe in the dx to gt mod can be done reliably. Dex and my self will prove to all that it can be done by april for we want to do it the right way!:)

and last but not least
WE BELIEVE WE CAN FLY SO WE WILL SPREAD OUR WINGS

G

·
A bit of advice, write a post like this after you have accomplished something if you want it to be taken seriously.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont worry

·
Registered
585 Posts
to all those who apose rock you in your face stab you brain with your nose bone great mobb deep track lol sorry for the hi-jack

·
Registered
581 Posts
I-M-O

for all the work.. it takes.. and probally the cost..

JUST BUY A GT!

but i will give ya props and all.. just my opinion..

you can get gt's with dumb problems around here for cheap..
400-1000$

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but my insurance company sees dx.
and i so want to be a sleeper.

·
Registered
160 Posts
heh, its all good that you are going to be doing the swap. But its been done before so you really arent doing anything ground breaking. As a matter of fact a friend of mine did his over a year ago in his mx6.

·
Registered
192 Posts
if you want a sleeper take off the gt badge
my 2 cents

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no gt badges
not doing a swap putting turbo on lx block and tranny. and i know all the stuff you are about to say about the tranny , compression to high, fuel system wont cut it and on and on.
i have everything worked out and all i have to do is put it on the car and tune it . you will all see what can be done with a dx block.
my engine has 514000km on it dont say it will blow i know it wont last.
i have planned and am slowly working on a rebuild for the gt block i got to make it an dx after breakin and then turboed.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Dylan James said:
but my insurance company sees dx.
and i so want to be a sleeper.
And if you're in an accident your insurance company will inspect the car, see it's not really a DX anymore and not cover you.

Apose - no meaning known.

Oppose - To be in contention or conflict with: oppose the enemy force. To be resistant to: opposes new ideas. To place opposite in contrast or counterbalance. To place so as to be opposite something else.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry my spelling is terrible. but you must have got it the first time or you would not have put up the correct spelling.

it doesnt matter to me if i get what some one is talking about it is all good.

if this starts a flame war you will see why guros leave.

as for a wreck it depends on the accident whos at fault etc, and iam honest if i were in the wrong ill admit it and take the rap.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Dylan James said:
sorry my spelling is terrible. but you must have got it the first time or you would not have put up the correct spelling.

it doesnt matter to me if i get what some one is talking about it is all good.

if this starts a flame war you will see why guros leave.

as for a wreck it depends on the accident whos at fault etc, and iam honest if i were in the wrong ill admit it and take the rap.
If you're involved in a hit and run your insurance company will want to look at your car. If you're at fault your insurance company will want to look at your car. So there's a good chance someone is going to open your bonnet and see a snail sitting on your exhaust manifold. For your own good I'd recommend telling your insurance company.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
dougiefresh said:
If you're involved in a hit and run your insurance company will want to look at your car. If you're at fault your insurance company will want to look at your car. So there's a good chance someone is going to open your bonnet and see a snail sitting on your exhaust manifold. For your own good I'd recommend telling your insurance company.
all the insurance adjusters that i have delt with just werent that smart to know the difference. on two of my cars that had to be inspected by an insurance adjuster, the adjuster took things into accout that were not caused by whatever incident had happened. i had to tell them not to write that stuff in.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats the thing if iam at fault but since the accident has not happened yet i cant say if i will be or not be at fault .

your are right in saying that telling the insurance company is a good thing. but i dont want my rates go up.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I will say this, I've dealt with 3 different insurance adjusters. And all 3 of them would'nt know the difference between a neon and a corvette if they did'nt have their badges.

G

·
drsjr1980 said:
I will say this, I've dealt with 3 different insurance adjusters. And all 3 of them would'nt know the difference between a neon and a corvette if they did'nt have their badges.
Though in my experience, putting racing strips on a friends civic took it from "Family Hauler" classification to "Sport Sedan"....

It was all stock under the hood too :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
icarus funny ! no wax wings here for there is only rubber.

well insurance adjuster are dum a buddy called a bluff on one.

the adjuster said no mod's
he asked how will you know you arent going out to look at my car and also not taking any pics so how will my car is modded it could be slamed next year with mags and you have noway of knowing so how will you know?

the adjuster just said we will.

but what ever when i took my inspection in they didnt even look at it.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Dylan James said:
i have everything worked out and all i have to do is put it on the car and tune it .

Ahh *nods head knowingly* just put it on and tune it. I forgot how easy it was to build an turboed engine.

Dylan James said:
you will all see what can be done with a dx block.
I don't think anyone has questioned the "block". It's more to do with valves, pistons, transmission, ECU, compression, etc.
I'm sure the block will be fine.

But as long as you just "put everything on & tune it", you'll be ok. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes that is true crusty.
the tuning will be the hard part if idont get the right stuff but i would rather tune on the old block than my new one .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts