1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Just don't do it on your GT. It also states it on the back of the bottle not to use it on a Turbo car

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uh... no it dosent... well atleast seafoam it dosent

altho i can understand y
dont gas turbos have carbon seals?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
ooops then, I remember seeing some with it.

I won't argue that with you since I know you work at autozone and have looked at it a million times:p

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
I have a bottle sitting on my floor as we speak, I even double checked it for you.

I also have a lot more than that, as you can see.

2 quarts of Castrol GTX 15-40
1 quart Lucas Fuel Stabalizer
1 quart Marvel Mystery Oil
4 treatment bottles of both, 2 each ready to be used

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anywho, if anyone has any questions on either of those methods of carbon cleaning or the use of water for carbon cleaning, u can ask me or apparently any one whos posted sofar

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I've used the Lucas fuel system cleaner and I like it.
I also really like the Prolong fuel system cleaner

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Meh, all of these "mechanic in a bottle" things are gimmicks if you ask me. Especially Marvel Mystery Oil and Prolong. On the back of your sunvisor is a note from Mazda specifically stating not to use oil additives. If you've got engine lubrication problems, Marvel oil isn't going to fix anything.

I don't know what it is about it, but the seafoam engine flush just seems wrong to me. It just doesn't seem right to me to be running that crap through the engine. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I tried Techron and though maybe its not really worth it. A guy at Kragen recommended Prolong Fuel system cleaner and I was like I guess I'll try it. The first time I tried it was on my 2gen. I got a + of 30-40 miles more to the tank:eek: I then used it on my Eclipse and got a nice 20-30 bump. I don't use it anymore because they no longer sell it by itself and have to buy the whole tretment bundle so now I use Lucas.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i used lucas oil stabilizer, didnt work for me, made toomuch smoke
lucas fuel, used in my 87 626 and the engine ran smoother and got about 7miles per tank more, brough it up to between 350-400 depending on who was driving it

MMO i have used in the fuel and oil, freed a stuck lifter and slightly better mileage when i used 4qts of it in my engine, felt like it freed up more power

seafoam, cleaned out my whole engine and intake, didnt do anything for smoothing out idle but power was more constant, if u got no cat IT WILL MAKE UR CAR PUKE BLACK CHUNKS AND GUNK, thats the carbon but its hella tough gettin it outa cement

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
SixSick6 said:
Joel- Is that your bedroom? If so it looks like mine. I have spare turbos on the floor, parts everywhere, things that shouldn't be on carpet. My GF hates it :lol:
Yeah thats my bedroom floor. My fiance hates it and she "cleans" it up a little every time she sees the mess growing. She keeps forgetting to take a bottle of the lucas and marvel with her when she goes to fill up though.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Dyoel182 said:
Yeah thats my bedroom floor. My fiance hates it and she "cleans" it up a little every time she sees the mess growing. She keeps forgetting to take a bottle of the lucas and marvel with her when she goes to fill up though.
Kristin stubbed her toe last night on a Chicago Angle Grinder. She was so mad. It was at the foot of the bed.:muhaha:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
SixSick6 said:
Kristin stubbed her toe last night on a Chicago Angle Grinder. She was so mad. It was at the foot of the bed.:muhaha:
Ouch, I bet you are still hearing it:lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts