Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wazzup y'all

got a question regarding braking systems. ive been looking through the threads and havent seen anything dealing with upgrading calipers on the cheap.

i want to know whether or not millenium or rx7 brakes are compatible w/our cars? i want to upgrade but dont have any dinero.

if that route is not feasible which are the best replacement big brake systems that i wont have to bend over for? or is it even necesssary to upgrade. thanx for any help:D

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
There's no real cheap way to upgrade brakes that I've found. And honestly I can't think of a time when I neded more braking power then I have. If I raced the car in AutoX events it might matter but I don't. Some decent semi metallic pads alone should make a difference. I don't see any need for anything else unless you just have money to waste. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yah, you only need good pads and maybe some SS lines, that should fit most people just fine.

The only time I had have problem was after 30 minutes of hard braking. Than I re examined by techniques with the help of Mike P. and he dertermined it was my fault for not using engine brake enough. After learning to downshift matching smoothly to continue engine braking from one gear to the next I haven't had any problems with the brakes. I can now stop from 100mph to 20mph with almost no use of brakes whatsoever keeping the engine in the upper 5k rpm range is almost the same as applying the brakes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
RX7 brakes work but you need to get a shop to make a custom caliper bracket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tanx

tanx for all the feedback.

the braking system IS really good, although there are times when i do experience fade but im guessing that the upgraded pads and ss lines should work fine. ill give them a try.

and NO i dont have money to burn:p

about these rx7 joints do u have any idea how that works DeAd iNsIde any help would be highly appreciated.})

1 - 5 of 5 Posts