Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered a bc kit, it'll be in in about 2-3 weeks. now i need to figure out if im gonna mold it or not. iv seen bc's both ways and i like them molded but iv heard the first time you bump it on something its gonna crack where its molded to the quarters and fenders. anybody else ever hear about that happening to a molded kit. pics of both molded and un molded bc kits would be awesome if anyone has them to give me more ideas.})

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
dj2501 said:
just ordered a bc kit, it'll be in in about 2-3 weeks. now i need to figure out if im gonna mold it or not. iv seen bc's both ways and i like them molded but iv heard the first time you bump it on something its gonna crack where its molded to the quarters and fenders. anybody else ever hear about that happening to a molded kit. pics of both molded and un molded bc kits would be awesome if anyone has them to give me more ideas.})
It really depends on how its molded. There are products out there that bend and flex with the car but they are more expensive and time consuming, Bondo UV cures to a hard yet flexible finish when done right. You can only apply 1/16 layer at a time or else it wont cure. Oh and you need a UV light source as well.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
molded:

the one pic i had of an unmolded bc i don't have hosted, and i'm too lazy to do it, plain and simple, mold it, so long as you don't bottom out hard or anything you'll be fine. and get a reputable shop to do it, that will help guarantee the work, some shops will even "warranty" the work if it fails.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Id suggest molding the sides and rear, but not the front.

The front is what gives most people trouble with cracking. Plus if you ever have to put an intercooler in there or tow it for some odd reason your G2G

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i hit my sides a couple of times already.
i think the rivets are holding em on pretty nicely.
no cracks yet.
i dont think you should mold front.
i owned my front a couple of times.
if the side of it cracks, it'll be a pain in the ass to repair it without taking it off.
molded kits are super clean. i suggest it.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
KansasMX6 said:
those are the ones i was talking about i just don't have them hosted!
heh there is my car again :)

Back on topic... atleast mold the side's on...

I had my heart set on fully molding my whole car (the silver one pictured above,) but i'm kind of going against it.. Especially if I get this job... Then i'm going boosted... for now, i'm planning on molding everything but the front, and taking that damn spoiler off!

heh, THEN- off topic, but i'm excited for this...
My girlfriends oldest Brother, his new gf is an awesome mechanic, and told me she would help me rebuild my motor (which I was planning on doing) and she know's her [shizzle]! Within 2 minutes of looking around my motor, she know everything about it... and I mean everything... 4 years of mechanic's school, ase certified, and is an autotech teacher's aide for a High school here... heh, i'm excited!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts