Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

To Paint...OR... Not To Paint

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  coldnoodle 
#1 ·
I am getting a new paint job in a few weeks and wondering what color I should make it or should I keep it silver? I want something that will go with my intior that is black with bits of gray, red, and blue. I want to make the new paint color Yellow but, I want some opinions on it I will probably but a new color on it in 2-3 years(after the new paint job) to make it a show car (I hope). Well any suggestions will be cool and thought about after it's painted I will post pictures of it.

#2 ·
man get your car painted a different color will cost some $$$, i woudl stay with the rare silver color i love the color on the 6. look at some different shades of silver, in that i mean like a different car's silver. as for the int. if you are going to make it a show car then get your int. done up or do it yourself like i did. the int is the coolest part of the ride, i love to see what everyodys has in there. later })

#3 ·
riceater6 u have any pics of your interior i want to change mine can u giveme any advie or what would look good.

#5 ·
err I still don't know what color I really want yellow, but want to stay with silver( I'm scared i won't like it) as far as dark purple I've thought of that and actuly might do that but, I want a bright flashy color on my 6, If I do yellow I will change it back to silver in 2 years to a "show class" paint job.

#6 ·
oh man if your are going to just change the paint in a few years I would just leave the silver you have unless it really needs to be painted. because if you are going to keep changing it that will cost you some coins. But if you are going to do it make it grand and go with something wild

#7 ·
Mx64u2catch said:
riceater6 u have any pics of your interior i want to change mine can u giveme any advie or what would look good.
http://photos.yahoo.com/superflymx6
that is it for now, but i will paint the entire back dash white and the front part where the tweater are white, and the door( not the black leather stuff just all around it) that then i will be done with that. talk to me on AOL IM if u want some details on how i did it.

#8 ·
I am getting a new hood and door and to blend the color would be very hard the guy said and he also said I had a very good looking silver on my car "it's hard to keep silver from dulling i'm suprized that yours is this silver" Im still thinkin yellow

#9 ·
I painted my sixer with Lamborghini Blue pearl. It's black, it's blue, it's purple, depending on light. Like it a lot.
Mici

G
#10 ·
riceater6 said:
Mx64u2catch said:
http://photos.yahoo.com/superflymx6
that is it for now, but i will paint the entire back dash white and the front part where the tweater are white, and the door( not the black leather stuff just all around it) that then i will be done with that. talk to me on AOL IM if u want some details on how i did it.

ur interior looks really good...i just wanted to nknow how long it took u to do that, wut kind of paint did u use,how much it cost, and did u only paint the hard parts of the dash or did u paint the top soft leathery part too?....i guess i just want all the details to this..lol

#11 ·
This is what I think.....

I think you should keep it Silver. However, add a little something different into the paint in order to make it a little off silver. What I'm planning on doing with MY silver MX6 is add a few coats of pearl on it so that it will look silver at angles and it will look like a pearlish silver on different angles. That way I don't have to have the rest of the car re-painted like the engine compartment and hinges etc....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.