Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 questions for people using Tokico illumina adjustable shocks

1/ Do you find your shocks can be too soft? what setting do you have for your front and rears?

2/ Does anyone know if Tokico make an electronicall adjustable shock ie. you can change it from the cabin using a switch?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have tokicos with GC coilovers and they work pretty well. I'm not sure how big of a difference they make, because my car is really low and the ride is rough anyway. I have them at 3 in the front and 2 in the back.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I normally will run at 4 F & 5 R, but I like a pretty firm ride and use the rears to help compensate for still having the stock rear sway bar. If it gets to be too much I'll drop them down a notch every so often.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i talked to this guy with gas shocks with GC coilovers on his 6 he said the tokico were a waste of $$$ he said unless u race on the strip then u just a gas shock that is what i will get in about 3 or 4 months

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have Tokico illuminas with Ground control and I love the setup. With the GC's lowered almost all the way and the Tokicos set to 4F and 5R, there is almost No body roll what so ever. I can take anexit off th ehighway at like 60mph and not feel a bit of LEAN with this setup. I love it! I would definitely recomend the Illuminas to anyone who is buying struts. I actually set them all to 1 just for a day and th ecar ran as smoother as a luxury car... some lean and bouncing though, but it wasn't a bounce like when you cut your springs. It was nice...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts