Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Tokicos are pretty much the best shocks, but are a little too pricey for my pocket. Are there any other shocks that are pretty good for considerably less money?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I can get tokico 5 ways for 140 for the front two.Try ordering off the internet if the shops around you make a habbit of over pricing parts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Where can you get both front for $140? I can only find front left or right for around $140 each.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Theres a shop by my house Which has the struts for 140 a pair.try going to DriverFx.com or planetperformance.com.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i looked on both those sites and found no tokico illumina struts for the MX-6... and certainly not for $140/pair... maybe *I'M* blind... i just didn't see those items matched with that price.

skraPiN6 - get the phone number of the place you're talking about and call them and inquire if they do phone orders & ship to other states. if so, POST THEIR NUMBER and let everyone else get a chance at prices like those...

at $140/pair, i will buy some today. lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
alright will do , The shop is owned by a friend of mine and he said 140 for the front two.He doesnt know import cars so maybe he made a mistake but I will give him a call on MON. He speicalizes on bigblocks but has accounts set up with import car companies.But He may be able to ship to you if you are interested in the struts permiting the price is correct. On another note how soon do you need the struts? I plan on opening a shop and runing it out of my house and I can give them to you at the cost to me.(Im gunna get the license at the beginning of JAN.

·
Registered
921 Posts
skraPiN6 said:
I can get tokico 5 ways for 140 for the front two.Try ordering off the internet if the shops around you make a habbit of over pricing parts.
i bet your mistaking the price for 140 each

·
Registered
309 Posts
140 each , he was mistaken so , I send out my apologies for the misinformation.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm pretty sure my stock struts are toast, it's a 95 ls with 94k miles on it, ride really sucks. Are the KYB GR2's nice? I dont really want to pay 600.00 for new struts.

·
Registered
921 Posts
yamaha_rider28 said:
I'm pretty sure my stock struts are toast, it's a 95 ls with 94k miles on it, ride really sucks. Are the KYB GR2's nice? I dont really want to pay 600.00 for new struts.
KYB GR2s are great if you dont have aftermarket springs. If you do, i wouldnt reccomend it. Tokico blues are made for aftermarket springs and are $360 shipped. Also has a life of the car warranty.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Why are they bad for aftermarket? Lowering springs are included in this right? So an eibach pro kit and GR2's wouldn't go well together?

·
Registered
921 Posts
yamaha_rider28 said:
Why are they bad for aftermarket? Lowering springs are included in this right? So an eibach pro kit and GR2's wouldn't go well together?
lowering springs are included with what? the GR2s? Eibach pro kit(very stiff springs) and the GR2s wont work to well, i would go for the tokico HP struts "blues" w/ eibachs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts