Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
coming into this race I have to admit..i was scared! I wasn't sure if I could take him or not...it's my friend Ken's 91 civic and he put a ZC engine in it...pretty good engine and his car weigh's like have of what my mx weighs...so we went out to a country road where I usually do my races and on the count of three we were off! head to head the pretty much the whole way...the race was about half a Km to almost a km and I ended up about half a car length ahead in the end...I was sooooo relieved! Having a tiny car like that beat me would have been embarrassing! but it was a good race though! he's puttin a turbo and a standard tranny it in during the winter! man, that thing is gonna fly when he's done!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I should hope you whipped him. The ZC engine is a 1.6L that makes roughly 130hp. It came stock on civics/integras/crx's in the late 80's-early 90's, Japan only. Actually this engine came stock in the '86-'91 JDM Civic Si... Wonder why he bothered to swap this engine in when so many better options are available. I'm sure you had no problem beating his 130 horses and 106 lb-ft.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no man...I barely beat him! if I had standard, sure I'd smoke his ass...but auto vs auto...I just nudged my way ahead...he gave me more of a competition then most other v6's out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts