Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
God what a pain this weekend turned out to be, I have had to drill and tap holes, cut wire looms to get the wiring where I wanted it, file down valve covers and fuel injector ports. It was a lot of little BS that killed me and turned it into a HUGE job but its DONE!

I kept saying I was going to try this out before I move forward with my new style NA manifold. So I got off my rear end and did it.

As I was doing it I did a few other things finally too, I got the center caps back from the paint shop and got them on. Now the rims and center caps are painted.
I replaced my rear speakers with pioneer's nothing grand just the ones that fit.
I removed a lot of useless stuff yet again, and I found an O2 Touching the Header... yay Hughes I need an OBD2 3 Wire o2 Connector. Both ends if you can cash ready.
I put on the Powder coasted Red Valve Covers. (Selling the Mazda DOHC V6 ones from the millenia)

I have to make a new mounting plate for the Throttle Cable, for now just to drive it and test I used zip ties... yes ghetto but I wanted to drive it. First time it would only open 2/3's and it pulled much better then before. I have fixed that but I will wait till tomorrow.

I did the Banjo Bolt mod too but I am thinking that might lower the fuel pressure too much even with the walbro 255. I have a Manual FPR I might put on but I am not sure yet... it might be better to just go back to the stock bolt instead of the mod setup.

Def free's up some space and I really need to remove the rear firewall shielding its getting old now that I can see it lol.

But here are the pics, I did not put the caps on till late so I will do some better shots tomorrow.

There it is, tomorrow I will do a video etc as I work on cleaning things up more, making the bracket and doing more that I keep putting off etc. It never ends!

But I think I am going to sell the CZT cams and just keep these Mike Seli ones for now.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
that thing sure does give a totally different look to the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol it sure does.. seems messy right now I gotta get to work tomorrow after work lol. It never ends!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
yeah, somethings gotta be done with those plug wires :p

and hopefully those mustang wheels are not perminant.

and whats with the VAF? i thought megasquirt deleted that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
looks really nice.. diggin the maztang wheels haha

and i see youwere dringk a Vault..

VAULT!!! GET TO IT!!! hahaha

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I did not put MS in yet thats in about 3 weeks when Adam can help me with tuning it. But since you noticed its odd its an actual Maf not a vaf atleast.

On the spark plug wires I want to see what I can do to get tops like the ones on the fronts for the back. But since I am switching to the Coil Pack Setup with MS sitting here I am going to wait.

As for the mustang rims yes they are staying, I know I am weird but they are very light and I had them painted to what the new paint scheme will match which is still going to be GM Dark Black Cherry and that color Bronze for the logo's and pin stripe.

Damn Straight on the Vault, I like that stuff but I don't see it as often anymore lol.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You're going to Boost it next? Yes?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
When I go to the dyno on wednesday with the formula to get its new baseline I will setup another for a month out so hopefully I can get megasquirt and interprep valve springs with better retainers in. I want to do a run with the stock redline and then one with my 8600 or so redline.

Also on the rims, for some reason after the probe I became very anti useless aftermarket. I agree there are some really sexy rims but 95% are heavier then even stock rims. For me a rim needs to be 17" maybe 18" hold 235 to 245 tires and and weigh under 19lbs a rim. These current ones are 17lbs a rim. Plus lately I seem to like the "as close to stock look" with still some clean changes. Right now my headlights need the millenia fenders so I can finish the car right and get rid of that hood gap.

Anyway back to the days work yay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts