Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys have reached as far as top speed? Mine in km's, i've reached 180, i coulda gone farther but came up on my exit. I drive a 93 LS. I had my sunroof open tho, it was pretty insane. Any others?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
220-225ish km/h which is about 140 mph

i try not to look at the speedo when im going that fast...it doesn't happen often anyways

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
120mph in my 93 auto 4cyl, then my governor kicked in, i had only had my car like two weeks and didn't even know what a governor was, it scared the crap out of me, so i suppose i can't go any higher than that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
135 then i ran out of road. Damn Stop signs

·
Banned
420 Posts
my 95 mx6 ls, 5 spd fully stock and everything i got it up to about 138ish, i should try it again some time, but i want to wait til i finish my exhaust first and get off my 18's before i do it, lol. i've had it up to about 130ish on my 18's, which is actually about 140+ish, cuz at 60 mph im actually doin 68.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
145 then the fuel light came on so i slowed down hehe

i couldve gone till 150 i think easy!

·
Registered
825 Posts
lol Idk how you all are gauging your speeds lol alls i know is with nitrous im hitting hte end of the speed gauge lol

Reactions: mx6dave

·
Registered
330 Posts
The fastest Ive gone is 85, I dont know what my tires are rated so I dont wanna push it too hard until I know nothing will screw up when going fast.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
85! normal highway traffic flows at 90 through KC i don't know how you can drive and not have gone over 85, that's crazy

·
Registered
28 Posts
in my 93 ls auto i hit 135 with power left over and in my slightly modded 94ls 5spd i hit 155 before i ran out of gearing. there was plenty more power but 5th was topped out. lol Mx6's kick ASS

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
well 240km/h =149 mph.....

but at that point our speedos are inaccurate

@ 230km/h my tach said 6900 rpms....but then again our tachs are off too

top speed also depends on headwind, road grade, weather condition....and how much your valves float at maintained high rpms......

all in all you're lucky to get over 140 (REAL MPH) in an stock mx-6...since most "mods" people put on don't really do anything i'd say you'd maybe hit 141mph....if your speedo says any different its lying to you....

just ask the cop when he pulls you over.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
^ If you calculated the gear ratios and stock tire size, at 7k rpm your speed is 151 mph. Accurate speedo or not, I know my tach is accurate, and they both agree anyway.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
135ish in the 6, a couple times, with a little bit more to go. Had 2 passengers a couple times as well. I dont think ill be doing that anymore. My 6 is retired from going over 90 mph ever again.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
i agree with Chris, my car saw those high speeds in my younger days, i definitley don't go anywhere near that high nowadays, can't afford the tickets or the risk of blowing my car to kingdom come.

·
Registered
51 Posts
haha my 5th gear synchronizer ( if that is spelled right) it out and my car wont stay in 5th...so i have yet to go over 70. I am hoping to rebuild the tranny soon though

1 - 20 of 70 Posts