Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i did a dynorun and i have a question about the result?
what i did with the engine?
chiptuning
iridium sparkplugs
itg foam filter
two power ehausts
cat replacer
so i thougt a have about 190hp.

they did one calibration test and two normal, The results are
191hp @ 5439rpm and 270nm @4353rpm
this is after the CF DIN correction otherwise i had 196hp

i also have NX nos but didnt used it because its empty, the question is about the torque, isnt it a bit high???
I allready called the dynorun guy who did it, he sad its a true test.
what do you guys think???

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Kagayaki said:
they did one calibration test and two normal, The results are
191hp @ 5439rpm and 270nm @4353rpm
this is after the CF DIN correction otherwise i had 196hp
With the mods you have listed, the horsepower is also too high.

I suspect the dyno was having configuration problems.

Anyone know a quick factor for converting nm's to ft/lb's?

Toss those plugs too.. aren't those platinums?.. if so, bad for Nitrous.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I just noticed the thread starter has a 92. Is it a GT (turbo)? If so, torque would be pretty high but 270 * 1.3 = 350ft/lb which I'm pretty sure is way too high for the stock turbo.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Those results are very, very suspect. Half the stuff there is liable to reduce power rather than increase it.

DIN numbers will be different than SAE numbers, but not by the magnitude these numbers appear sketchy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
I just noticed the thread starter has a 92. Is it a GT (turbo)? If so, torque would be pretty high but 270 * 1.3 = 350ft/lb which I'm pretty sure is way too high for the stock turbo.
2nd gen MX6s came out in 1992 in Europe, Australia, and other places.

You needed to divide by 1.35 270nm = 199 lb/ft http://locost7.info/converter.php

(edit: didn't want to add a new response) Mosheen, you were right, Fastest just multiplied instead of dividing.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The stock 2nd Gen with the KL03/DE engine had 213Nm. 270Nm is huge, something's wrong there.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm okay.. its indeed a 2nd gen.. i think im gonna do another test the next event.. But the weird thing, a friend off mine has a mx3 with nos 219 hp (75hp shot used) and had a torque of 37o nm... Also his horsepower are correct but again the torque high. Without nos he had 149 hp. that was also correct. And he tested mine with his standard mx6 calibration..

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
That's a lot of torque on the MX3. Though I'm not too familiar with their HP and torque numbers... but our DE and ZE torque numbers are typically (always) below our HP number.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts