Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. It looks I need to replace my VCG's so I'm looking at doing it myself eek! :D Anyway, can anyone tell me where to get a decent torque wrench and what is a good price to pay? Not sure if I want to get one from super cheap auto :D

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
oh off topic but whens that bunnings opening in belconnen? i applied at bunnings like almost a year and a half ago and they said we'll be opening a new store next year. im like well that doesnt help me now :tdown: i wonder if they will actually call me up about it.......not likely! i need cash to keep the car going! and soon!

and i think id still stick with super cheap :tup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
ODIN,

The VCG bolts are a very low torque setting, so you really need a small torque wrench for these. You won't be able to use it on much else. The under $100.00 range of up to 150 ft/lb wrenches going at places like supercheap, bunning etc. are not very accurate below 15ft/lb. great for most other applications though! I got mine from Bunnings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok. It looks I need to replace my VCG's so I'm looking at doing it myself eek! :D Anyway, can anyone tell me where to get a decent torque wrench and what is a good price to pay? Not sure if I want to get one from super cheap auto :D
better not to get one from that store when it comes to precision tools. Its just like buy cheap tools from china but a bit expensive because of their brand name.

·
Registered
4 Posts
im planning to rebuild my engine coz its burning oil and it has a lot of blowby. I'm thinking to take off the head, oilpan, pistons and clean those valves for a better compression seal. Mates what do you think is the best torque wrench for this job? here is the list Thank you in advance for your advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts