Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, if I do ever end up getting a 2Gen Mx6 I would want to put a KLZE in it. Where is the best place to get one, japanese import wrecker, Mazda?

Also what is the cost of the engine, getting the engine to australia and getting a mechanic to fit it? Any mechanics with knowledge and experience in this area? I want a total dollar figure so I can work out finances. I'd want a 2Gen with KLZE, exhaust and chip and I want to know a total amount.

Thanks for info. I live in Melbourne obviously so if you know of any good places I could go to please let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
klze from www.blairs.co.nz shipped to a shop. (includes klze) ecu about 2050.
Fitment budget about 800-1g maybe?
exhaust cat back with hi flow cat maybe about 950? (mine cost that.

So around 4g's

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I don’t think you should rip/throw out a perfectly good klde motor an replace it with a ze.. sure the ze is better but you can cheaply get the klde close by fitting either aftermarket or ze cams.. and perhaps the ze manifold…

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Dragonstar told me you can just get the cams and IM and make a hybrid, what would be the cost? I'd also use the 10:1 compression pistons too, unless I was thinking of F/I.

Just for the record I thought DE was the American designation, and 03 is the Aus/Europe designation, and therefore we should technically say KL03?

Cheers for the info

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
adelaide japs a rip off. Their price is without freight and without ecu so it would end up about 3000$ from them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts