Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 99 Pontiac Grand am... My Moms car. She let me borrow it since I had to drive 8-9+ hours in one day,(which i'm not used to, and just spent a week in vegas) and guess what i did, 1/2 a mile from my own house... on my way home, almost there and this light pole jumped out in front of me.. I was almost there, tired, and then BOOOOOOOM

I don't know... either way I feel horrible because she just paid it off, and it only has liability on it, which covers the property damage, but not the car... I'm still a little shook up from it, and to make things worse... I get home from all of this, and my furnace heater decided to take a shit on me...

either way, it's not totaled yet... the insurance guy wont be there to see it till monday, but i'm pretty sure... I was cited, innatentive(sp? and i don't want to look at the ticket anymore) and not wearing my seatbelt, which was a stupid mistake on my part!! all that happened to me was a fat lip and a bloody nose from my head smacking the steering wheel, and the airbags didn't deploy at 30mph...

anyway.. pictures.... not my proudest moments, but thought I would share..

The window is broken from the light pole

and the "good" Picture

:shrug: <--- I wish it was that easy to deal with..

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
that sucks man.

i guess its true, most accidens happen only a couple miles from home.

lightpoles are like ninjas, they're everywhere but you just dont see them.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Ouch! At least your safe. That's all that is important.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
weird.. maybe i'm just ignorant. u hit the light post dead on, and some how your rear glass shatters? how does that happen? of forced is transferred straight down the fuselage, wouldn't the wind shield shatter too?

anyway, it was very uncool of you to not wear a seat belt... good thing u didn't get banged up too much tho.

·
Registered
42 Posts
weird.. maybe i'm just ignorant. u hit the light post dead on, and some how your rear glass shatters? how does that happen? of forced is transferred straight down the fuselage, wouldn't the wind shield shatter too?

anyway, it was very uncool of you to not wear a seat belt... good thing u didn't get banged up too much tho.
Windshields seem to be a bit stronger than the rest of the glass it seems.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i broke the light pole in half... the bottom half was under the car, and the top half fell on top of the car...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i broke the light pole in half... the bottom half was under the car, and the top half fell on top of the car...
holy crap.. well at least it means the car is pretty strong. the roof didn't even cave in, and the spoiler is still intact. :tup:

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
rear (and side) glass is tempered and made to shatter. Windshields are laminated glass. meaning layer of glass, layer of plastic, another layer of glass. They are made to NOT shatter.

You owe your mom a Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
On the bright side you should be able to find your mom another one of those cars for $2,000-$3,000.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
^ Yeah I was just going to say the same.

I know this is old, but I only noticed it now. That's crazy Jason, what a fluke accident. Do you think you dozed off a little, were you taking a turn, how'd it happen exactly?

Anyways, now that it's been almost 8 months, what ended up happening, new car-wise?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyways, now that it's been almost 8 months, what ended up happening, new car-wise?

She ended up buying an 07 Monte Carlo. Nice car, but for some reason she wont let me borrow it :lol:

·
Registered
564 Posts
glad your alright man, that should get you to wear your seat belt for now on, my buddy wrecked his honda on i-4. was doing 80mph and hi a patch of coolant and slid into a guard rail, totaled the car and basically ripped the front end off of the car. and somehow walked away when he didn't even have a seat belt on.

those monte carlo's are not that bad, but there is just something i don't like about the v8 FWD they have on some of them

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
those monte carlo's are not that bad, but there is just something i don't like about the v8 FWD they have on some of them
eh, it's just a v6...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
at least it was a shitty GM. Those be long in the wrecking yards

1 - 20 of 23 Posts