Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday, I installed a replacement tps for my MX-6 ls because my idle was way too high(1500-2000). I adjusted it by grounding the ten pen, starting the car, and rotating it until I got it at the exact part where the fan turns back on if I barely turn it the other way. then, with the ten still grounded, I adjdusted my idle screw.

The high idle surging has stopped, but now my CEL is on all the time. I pulled the code and I got a 12 (tps). Could any one help me out?

thanks in advanced

·
Registered
41 Posts
u adjust ur tps wit a voltimeter. u probe da negative and da signal. black to negative. red to signal. and take off ur intake from da tb. loosen da 2 tps mountin bolts. wit da key on, engine off. test da tps, at close throttle its supple to be i think ?0.5 to 1.0 volt? den wit ur finger open da throttle to wide open, its suppose to gradually rise up to ?3.5 to 5.0? den u tighen da tps, put da intake back on and start da engine and da cel should go out. da cel came on cuz ur adjustments off.

·
Registered
921 Posts
i prolly just read it wrong but arnt you suppose to adjust it for when the fan just comes off. just a suggestion

·
Registered
55 Posts
u need to erase the code from thr ECU once you corect to problem. if you do not do that ever time you pull the codes you will get th TPS one unless you eraese it from there. you can eraes it by disconecting the negative battery terminal. hold the brake pedal down for 5 seconds then reconnect the battery. hope this helps.
ANdrew Urban

1 - 6 of 6 Posts