Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/4 Times

post some times of the fastest run you have made at the track. with the mods you have after. later

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
My best was a 15.5 @89 mph at Englishtown. I only had the GReddy and Hotshot intake. I think I coul dhave done better but I had a lot of weigh in the car with the spare plus a full tank of gas. Plus my RT was around .75something... So If I had a perfect reaction time, it wouls have been around 15.3-15.2. Also, I had my 215/45-17 wheels and tires so that accounts for a lot of the weight...

I guess we'll see this year if I decide to race.

·
Registered
270 Posts
14.415 @ 97.88 in 1st gen turbo

That was with the stock turbo, Weapon R filter, Superchip, MSD ignition and coil, and an HKS cat-back exhaust. That time was in aug and it was close to 100 degrees that day. Also I was on my stock rims with regular old street tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i ran a [email protected] in my all stock 1990 mx6 turbo
with bald tires and NGK plugs and wires at rivercity
raceway in san antonio, TX.

·
Registered
36 Posts
since then i got new 50 series tires, a K&N,
and im running straight pipe to a non-existent
muffler. best [email protected]

G

·
Hey streetspota, How loud is that?? Damn a 15.094 is real fast with a K&N and a straight pipe. Does the straight pipe make that huge of a difference? Your turbo was stock and everything? Where were all your shift points (RPM) at each gear?? I'm still new to my 6, so I'm still trying to figure out what RPM's are the best to shift at.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I was running about 15.5 approx 89 mph.

2 days later, I had added 22 stickers, a V-tec Emblem, and a fart pipe, that boosted me up to about 13.1.

JUst a joke yall.

I've never had the opportunity to time mine. I would like to see Anarchy's times.

·
Registered
281 Posts
JPMX6GT said:
Plus my RT was around .75something... So If I had a perfect reaction time, it wouls have been around 15.3-15.2.

Actually you can have an R/T of 2.5s and still run a 15.5. Reaction times help you for competition and especially bracket racing, but they don't do squat for your times. The timer only starts after the car passes a certain sensor.

·
Registered
479 Posts
my best so far is:

13.86 @ 106.01

60ft = 2.191
1/8th = 9.09 @ 80.6mph

Car set up:

Full Interior (minus Spare and Jack)
Stock Suspension (w/ rubber block spring raisers in rear)
Street Tires (M+S rated Potenza RE940s)22psi F 45 psi R

·
Registered
270 Posts
DAMN, BigProbe! That is one hell of a 60' time with street tires! I know that Probe is fast in the 1/4, but that is an excellent 60' time. I wish I could get my car to hook up like that:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts