Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
i am new here and i like the site. great job webstaff. i have a 95 mx6 ls v6 2.5l and my clutch went out the other day. i was driving on the interstate at about 80 mph and my car just jerked a few times so i pulled over. i thought i just blew a tire. but when i pushed in the clutch to down shift, there was nothing there. well anyways. i got it towed home and bought a new clutch and started to tear it down. it was shattered. i installed the new one. put it back together and went for a test drive. but it would not move in any gears but neutral. lol i would drive around in neutral but it was like i was holding the brake when i put it in gear. so do u think my syncronizers are bad or do u think i should just buy a new trany. thanks for the help and sorry about such a long post.
Streezz

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep

yeah i replace eveything flywheel(because it got chewed up)pilot bearing,throwout bearing, pressure plate, and clutch. when i was driving it it heard a bad grinding noise so i think my gears are screwed up or my syncs r blown

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am going to drop my tranny again tommorrow. its a painstaking task, but i am getting faster. i called around and for a new transaxle its about $1400 dollars. i don't have that cash off hand but if thats what i have to do, so be it...i need my car, i miss it...but if i can fix it i will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts