Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a 1991 Ford Probe V6 3.0 with a bad transmission. I have a 1995 Ford Taurus that I believe also has a V6 3.0 that is wrecked. Does anybody know if the transmission from this Taurus will fit the Ford probe. I know you can make anything fit given enough time and money. Unfortunately I have neither. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me how this "karma" thing works?

·
Registered
567 Posts
no. im pretty sure it wont work lol. just phone a local transmission shop and ask them if the two are compatible. or better yet phone ford.
do yourself a favour and dont buy a probe with a bad transmission. id even go as far as not buying a probe/mx6 with an automatic transmission. they are notorious for failure.
your better off buying a car thats in good working condition.
i speak from experience. replaced my auto mx6 tranny 3 times.

karma is the little box on the bottom left of my post and it has a checkmark in it. if u think someone has helped u out, u give them karma :)

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
spictacular said:
no. im pretty sure it wont work lol. just phone a local transmission shop and ask them if the two are compatible. or better yet phone ford.
Yay for the internet.

The Vulcan powered Probe supposedly uses a 4EAT. The 95 and up Taurus uses an AX4N. The bellhousings should be similar, but I highly doubt it will "work" so to speak.

·
Banned
6 Posts
I got a 3.0 v6 tranny.

It only have 55-60 k on it. e-mail me or call me at 330-622-5828 ask for Aaron, price is 550 shipped with lower 48 states.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts