Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car vibrates when it's idling and i was advised to check the transmission mounts. Does anyone know where that's located? On a 4 cyl. If u have a v6 and u know where urs is, please reply also cause it might be the same (generation 2, 1994).

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
there are 3... one is up at the front of the engine bay... the O2 sensor is almost "pointing" to it...

you wont be able to see the second from the top of the car... crawl under and look around near the crossmember.

the third isnt really a mount... just a support. the fuel filter braket is attached to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx stage36, i'm pretty sure where the 1st and 3rd things are located but i'm not sure where the cross member is. Please continue to help. Oh-so are u saying that i can reach the 1st mounting w/o jacking up the car? Thanx

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The crossmember is sort-of a brace that runs across the transmission (some may call it a subframe or cradle). You'll definitely want to put the car on jack stands and crawl underneath to see that one.

Tyson

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah... i can pull mine off in about 2 minutes if you asked me to. but mind you that i dont have that stupid air scoop thingy...

try this... start your car, look at or touch the mounts while you open the TB. also see how much the engine rotates in the bay...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
throttle body...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts