Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it went out like a blink of an eye! But thats when those extended warrantys are supposed to come in handy, no! They told me and my dad that it was neglected. They said it was driven with the seal out and was not tended to in time. My dad is really pissed and still fighting. But I think Ill have to buy a new one. So if any can tell me a reasonable price on an automatic and/or to rebuild it, I would appreciate it!
Bryan

·
Registered
416 Posts
advice

if you do end up paying for the new tranny, let me make a suggestion.......first off, i work in a mazda dealership in the service department and i have come to found out the the auto-tranny's used by mazda (and ford) for the 2.5 liter v6 and 2.0-4 are extremely weak and tend to fizzle out between 50-70K......i strongly reccomend switching to a manual transmission if possible, go to probetalk.com, as they have several threads on this subject....if you dont have the funds, then try this..a mechanic at the dealership said the reason they are always burning out is do to lack of cooling. so try throwing on an after market tranny cooler and thatshould take care of th e problem.....hope this helps

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
tranny cooler is the way to go, our tranny does not remove heat well at all and that is the killer to any tranny even the 5spd they have problem too, do the search on probetalk.com best stuff you will find.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you have to drop in a new tranny anyway, go for a 5-speed MTX. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to put in a 5-speed but my parents dont want me to. But if I could convence them to I would in a heartbeat! How much would it be to have a shop to put in in for me. And how long would it take. Thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news

We finally settled it out. There going to pay for it! its about time almost a month goes by and now just getting word thats crap!
Bryan

·
Registered
283 Posts
I own a 93 mx6 V6 auto also and my tranny went at like 56 thousand which is nothing the trannys for our 6 is very weak u have to be careful wit it i had mine rebuilt and it wasnt the sam ethey rebuilt it again still wasnt right then they changed the tranny case they never do this the guy told my dad if he had 90 cars in here he would change 4 cases thats not part of the rebuilding but the guy thought it was his fault so he changed it for no cahrge its a 600 dollar part it was seperates the fluid in each compartment that goes to the tranny, i had mine rebuilt at 26 or 2700 dollars the metal on my tranny was blue from the heat best thing to do it either get a level 10 tranny or rebuilt teh stock one and get a tranny cooler, good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts