Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering....

Is it possible to convert a automatic transmission to manual by removing the gearbox an all the electronics and replacing it with a manual gearbox?

And how much would it be?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hi Matrix

Yes its possible and relativley easy - you need to speak to "crusiemad" hes done it to both of his autos now - youll need a flywheel and pedal box aswell ;-)

Oh - Good lad for getting ride of the horrible auto box :p ( yes Stuart that was for your benifit )

Regards

G

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers G-Force.

An automatic is nice because its lazy, but I do find that I dont control the car as much.

I want more control and to do that is to get a manual. Also the size of the automatic gearbox is massive.
I bet my car will be bit leighter and have more space to put the induction kit under the battery.

·
Registered
768 Posts
StuartMX6 said:
Not rising to the bait @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @-

Stu :)
LOL!!!

If your thinking about converting the transmission, why not go for some paddle shifters!! LOL!!

I think someone else mentioned it on here, cant remember who though.......:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
KB6, um it would cost a fair bit to convert a auto to manual,
As G said priviously you would need a new flywheel ect then you need to get a new gearbox etc your prob looking at a thousand pounds easy if not more unless your going to convert yourself,too be honest if you want a manual sell your auto and get a manual your make Around £300 thou coz autos tend too go for more :);) :p
But if you wana convert PM cruisemad as he has converted b4 to manual from auto and he will tell you what you need and prices etc although he hasnt been around for a while kyle where are you?? :)

Stu :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts