Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got one particular dash sound that is annoying the hell out of me.

Does anybody know of a way to fix this?

What if: interior components were taken out and some sort of lube or gloss finish was applied to the potential contact areas?? (just an idea- cant think of what else to do).

·
Registered
21 Posts
cloth rim tape does a good job. If you have plastic rubbing plastic noises and stuff...the next time you take your dash apart, use a little cloth rim tape (used for bicylces). It's basically a cloth backed adhesive.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, I'll give that a try

·
Registered
737 Posts
I had a noise in my dash once on another car, It almost drove me insane. Get it, my car drove me insane. Anyways, I was desperate, so I used electrical tape. I looped it backwards so it was sticky on the outside, slapped it back together. Never bothered me again.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Check a sticky thread in the audio forum entitled "Sound damping and vibration elimination" - this is a problem that those of us with premature hearing loss are more than familiar with!! ;)

I always used foam insulating tape like they use for installing doors and windows. What's this cloth tape stuff, and where do I get it? I;d like to compare the two for various applications.... :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I like double sided 3M trim adhesive tape. It's the stuff that holds vent visors in place. Sticky on both sides with a little foam in the middle. Holds very well. I use a little on the back side of my license plate to keep it from rattling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts