Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot posts about exhausts but I am unsure about how to do a custom one for my 94 I4 ATX. Any help will be appreciated regarding what piping and size I need.

Thank You

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey,
For the i4 you want to go 2.25 inch piping (mandrel bent), I perferred the sound with a resonator (round type). It was way too RICEY without it. My system is a Magnaflow and I like it. Others have a Borla or AEM and they are also very good but maybe more expensive.
Do it, your car will enjoy the upgrade!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey

Sorry to be a pain, but exactly what piping do I need, I read some were that a pair of 45degree and a pair of 90degree pipes, I am just unsure of the piping I need and how much of it I need. The only thing I already have is the muffler, I will use my muffler but need to get EVERYTHING ELSE.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.:)

I want to order the stuff from like jcwhitney.com and just take it to the shop and get it all welded.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
found a shop

Please help, I found a shop that does custom exhaust work. He will replace everything but the muffler (I have my own) for $400, (this includes a hi-flo catalytic converter, 2.5 piping, labor)

I am not a do it myself kinda a guy yet and don't have a garage to even try, just want to know if the pricing is right for the material and labor.

I know I saw a Borla catback exhaust system online at www.jcwhitney.com for $379. I don't know the pipe size or what I will have to do to install it. Let me know if this ounds better.

Thank You

·
Registered
787 Posts
Re: found a shop

Phat6InVA said:
Please help, I found a shop that does custom exhaust work. He will replace everything but the muffler (I have my own) for $400, (this includes a hi-flo catalytic converter, 2.5 piping, labor)

I am not a do it myself kinda a guy yet and don't have a garage to even try, just want to know if the pricing is right for the material and labor.

I know I saw a Borla catback exhaust system online at www.jcwhitney.com for $379. I don't know the pipe size or what I will have to do to install it. Let me know if this ounds better.

Thank You
I just did a cat-back (no cat in this deal) and I supplied the muffler for $200 at Meineke. If the cat is another $200 it sounds good. $200 for a cat seems kinda steep tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts