Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to cut 1 or 2 dead coils from my rear Intrax springs would I have to also trim the rear bumpstops to compensate? Thanks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes, and as you should have already trimed 1/3 of the bump stop just to put them on I wouldn't recommend it. You really don't want to cut springs for any reason. While those dead coils aren't used in normal driving they keep the spring in place when ever you go to full droop. Like when lifting the car to change wheels or be worked on. Or just whenever you hit a really big bump, just the time you don't want the spring to slip out of place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The warranty card for the springs didn't say to cut the rear bumpstops any. Also, ive talked to a few people who have done this and none have had any problems. I slow down some for big bumps anyways so it shouldn't matter.

I need a specific amount on how much to cut them too, would it be the same amount as the front ones since I'm lowering the back to the exact same height?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm not sure, but when I got mine the instructions stated that you had to cut 1/3 of the bumpstops of with their springs due to the amount of drop and the suspension design. I would guess almost 1/2 but at that point the foam bumpstops will probably ne of no use so you might want to look at poly bushings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoops, I was looking at the Probe. Anyways, how much do poly bushings go for and how hard would it be to find some for my application?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts