Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my stock suspension with Intrax and KYB non-adjustable struts and I'm pretty happy with it. However, when I hit a large bump, the car tends to bounce all over the place. Now I've heard that this is a fairly common problem when lowering springs are installed, and that trimming the bump-stops, the little rubber gaskets on the struts, can help alleviate this problem by lessening the rebound when the spring compresses. Has anyone had any experience with this or heard about anyone doing it to their cars? Thanks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't know, but I know who does....

Call Intrax, they have specs on how much you should shave or if you do at all. I know on a Probe it's about a third with them (I did my friends's) but I have no idea on a 6. I use it too much as a daily driver. I already have 17's but don't want to go through a new set of tires every year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just put eibach's the other day and trimmed the bump stops 20mm in the front and 15mm in the back...so far the car handles excellent with no bouncing around. i dare say the ride is almost as smooth as it was except for much less body roll and nosedive. i dont know if it has anything to do with the bumpstops or not...by the way, that amount of trimming was what eibach recommended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts