Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to figure out were everything is... I bought one of those mechanical gauge pods from autozone and was wondering were the temperature sensor and oil pressure is! Theres like 2 places im comfused...
Could someone show me were to install them. And If i take out a sensor wont that stop the gauges in my dash? can i have both at the same time?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
With the coolant temp sensor you can get an adapter that gets spliced into your top radiator hose and then the fitting screws into that.
Just not sure if that will wont for you seeing as how you have mechanical gauges which means the temp sensor is a large bulb connected to a capillary tube.
This will need to be routed from the install point to inside the cabin.

With the oil pressure the stock switch is on the back of the block under the inlet manifold.
You can use a T piece to install both the new line and the original switch into the stock location.
Then the line will have to be routed into the cabin.
Make sure you use a nylon line and not a copper line.
The copper lines can easily kink and crack sending oil all over you engine bay, or worse still all over your legs!

You really should have gone with electric gauges as they are much easier and safer to install.
And quality ones are every bit as accurate as mechanical gauges.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Alright thanks for the help. I didn't know or i wouldn't have bought it. =/ to bad it wont work...

so is this coolant sensor? because i tried to put in there and it kinda fits. lol i dont know much about cars... sorry guys.

·
Registered
373 Posts
speaking about fans...should i take that out and put a new one in because my fan does not work at all...never...i even tried the fan off my 90 626 n/a and i dont think its getting signal to turn on both fans do work too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts