Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my Check engine light keeps coming on .. it's been getting annoying... so today i pulled the codes here's what i came up with

02 - 'NET' Crank Position Sensor
10 - IAT Sensor
16 - EGR
17 - LHo2S inversion error
23 - RHo2S Inactivation error
24 - RHo2S inversion error

not for a car that i bought 1 month ago, suposidly one that passed Ontario emission tests seems like thats alot to be wrong... if im not mistaking the o2/egr's are exaust related right?
maybe these are old codes from before i bought it?

i tried opening the door while the codes were flashing to earase the ecu (like int he FAQ) but i think i did it wrong, because there stil there...

can anyone explain how to clear the codes so i can check them again next time the light comes on.

Also, if infact these are all gonna have to be replaced could someone let me know what this is gonna cost me?

like that looks like RH and LH o2 sensors will have to be replaced, IAT, EGR, and the crank Pos? this looks scary to me...

what exactly does the crank pos sensor do? if its not working correctly, couldn't it damage my engine ?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yea try to reset the codes first as like you say that is a lot @ once..
Disconnect the battery and press the break peddle for 10 seconds( that is the way I like to reset the ecu) then drive it for a day or so then try it again..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts