Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 6, it had an Alpine 7814 headunit w/detactchable faceplate in it already. I recently just bought a Sony CDX-M800 and I can't figure out how to get the Alpine out...

I don't have any special "keys" to remove the Alpine, and it doesn't come out by juss pullin it.

Anyhelp?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have an alpine cda7803 take off the face and take off the border thingy that surrounds it, dont break it unless you dont care about it, you should see 2 springy things one on each side. Push them both down at the same time and pull or push from teh inside out... Why replace alpine with sony???:D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my knowledge, the border/trim peice doesnt just snap in.. I only say this because it seems to be attatched to the peice behind the faceplate (where the flaceplate connects with the main headunit). So I don't think it is possible... Any other ideas?

And why replace Alpine with Sony? Because the Sony is brandnew with a full LCD front, and the Alpine is from 1994... thats why. :p

·
Registered
621 Posts
It may look like it is connected but it shouldnt be. Just be careful and pry it off, without breaking it, with a flat head. Trust me it takes a while because its so damn tight. It may be different with yours but i highly doubt it, mine looked like it wasnt gonna come off but I asked a guy at tweeter and he told me to just pry a little and low and behold it worked

Oh and I was just messin with you, kinda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts