Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm... Today my 6 wouldn't start. The engine was turning like it was GOING to start, but never did. Sometimes it would turn quicker, get my hopes up of starting, but nothing happened. I thought it was the battery, so I got a boost while trying to turn the car, but still nothing.

Starter issue? Something worse?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Ground wires.. are ****ed up.. change em and you will be fine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If somebody pulled u and still no luck, than it's gotta be ignition or fuel. I guess the most probable thing is some wire (like Matt said a ground wire?!) that has broken off.

check if your high-tension wires are sitting firmly if no luck still, take her to mechanic.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,

So I had the mechanic look at it today. Basically, if I wasn't a freakin' retartd sometimes I'd have 1/2 my problems fixed already!

It turns out that since it was cold, a fuel slowly leaked into the ignition chamber. This caused the engine to flood. Instead of flooring it to shut off the fuel injectors like any knowledgable person would do, I figured that the engine wasn't receiving ENOUGH fuel. So I pressed the gas 1/2 way. Well that didn't help, since it only flooded it more. So the mechanic basically just kept cranking and cranking it over with the fuel injectors off to get some air in the chamber so that the liquid fuel would vaporize.

Anyways... lesson learned everyone... Unfortunatly after a 60kms tow to my mechanice, I learned the hard way.

Thanks for both of your quick responses though!

L8ts!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys,

So I had the mechanic look at it today. Basically, if I wasn't a freakin' retard sometimes I'd have 1/2 my problems fixed already!

It turns out that since it was cold, a fuel slowly leaked into the ignition chamber. This caused the engine to flood. Instead of flooring it to shut off the fuel injectors like any knowledgable person would do, I figured that the engine wasn't receiving ENOUGH fuel. So I pressed the gas 1/2 way. Well that didn't help, since it only flooded it more. So the mechanic basically just kept cranking and cranking it over with the fuel injectors off to get some air in the chamber so that the liquid fuel would vaporize.

Anyways... lesson learned everyone... Unfortunatly after a 60kms tow to my mechanice, I learned the hard way.

Thanks for both of your quick responses though!

L8ts!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My god... duplicate posting like some pre-pubescent noob... Man, I'm not having a good day...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts