Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it! my turn signals turn on with my head lights, and to my suprise it was one of the easyest mods that I've ever done, plus it looks great.

pyro

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I dont think he exactly knows what your talking about. I understand it, and think that its a good idea. I think that the best thing that i done to my lights was taking out the 2 bulbs on each side of the head light, looks much cleaner when the lights are on! Then i wired up my aftermarket fogs to the ex-inside bulbs wiring. Now i might wire up the out side ones to the turn signales like mx-sick did. Good job, lets see some pics.

·
Registered
142 Posts
What did you do to get your turn signals to be on all the time?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is three wires on the turn signal bulb, but only two are hooked up. On my 89 LX (I don't see why it would be any diff from anyone elses) it was the red wire that wasn't hooked up. it my look like it's attached to somin because it's wrapped in shrink wrap but it's not cut the wrap and it's just chillin there mindin it's own. Then I just spliced one of the wires form the parking lights and that's it it all works great and looks cool. When I have some time I'll post a pic. ( If I can figure out how)

Pyro
89 LX

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think I figured out why the MX-6 is already wired up for this mod: the 626 has the side marker light in the turn signal, while in the MX it is on the bumper. They must use the same wiring for both cars. I have this mod too, did it about 2 years ago:) Here's a pic

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah of course other wise I wouldn't have done it. Since it's a dual filiment bulb it just blinks brighter when the light it on. Like when your lights are on the light level of the bulb is about 1/2 brightness and when you turn on you signals then it goes to 100% so it blinks really bright.

pyro
89 LX

Sorry I'm not to literate I went to public school!

G

·
Okay, I must need an "Idiot's Guide" to re-wire my car lights because I cant figure out how to do this. If someone could explain this to me like Im a kindergartener that would be just great. Thank's!

·
Registered
313 Posts
IWhipV8'sNasty[/i] [B]do they still blink? also said:
does the blinker still blink?
Pyro said:
Yeah of course other wise I wouldn't have done it. Since it's a dual filiment bulb it just blinks brighter when the light it on. Like when your lights are on the light level of the bulb is about 1/2 brightness and when you turn on you signals then it goes to 100% so it blinks really bright.
Answer #2

Pyro said:
There is three wires on the turn signal bulb, but only two are hooked up. On my 89 LX (I don't see why it would be any diff from anyone elses) it was the red wire that wasn't hooked up. it my look like it's attached to somin because it's wrapped in shrink wrap but it's not cut the wrap and it's just chillin there mindin it's own. Then I just spliced one of the wires form the parking lights and that's it it all works great and looks cool. When I have some time I'll post a pic. ( If I can figure out how)
Please read the replies next time.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Turn signals

Are you guys talking about the FRONT turn signals or the back? And what was that about taking the side bulbs out of the headlights?? You mean the fog lights that are next to the headlights?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL!!!!!!!!

This simple post has just totally been shot to hell!!!! You guys are too much LOL. But to answer your question about the bulb getting hot it will kinda any bulb will get hot if it stays on, but it wont hurt anything, and it wont wear the bulb out faster. think about the light bulbs at your house they get hot too and there's nothing wrong with them. To answer antoher question we're all talking about the front turn signals. Another question about a pic I belive that Wayman posted a pic (he did it a long time before me ) your going to have to ask him about that one I don't have a pic of it. OK and the last question to be answered is that yeah I guess you can call the fog lights next to the main head light but most people call them parking lights (I guess it's just wear your form on what you call them) It's one of the parking lights that I spliced the wires form to pull this all off it's really easy to tell you the truth and if you want to know how to do it please read the instructions that myself and SO many of the fellow 6er's have posted. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.