Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my trunk has a very slight water leak...does anyone have any suggestions on what to use to repair it?

$patch

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Where does it leak? Where does the water go? I had a leak in the side "pockets" of the trunk caused by loose screws on the top of the bumper. (Those two screws that attachs the bumper to the body between rearlights.) First some silicone or other waterproof stuff and the tighten the screws again. Problem solved. (Maybe.)
Mici

·
Registered
128 Posts
LEAKS! YIKES!

I had a trunk leak from underneath the spare tire console....you may want to take the tire out and check for puddles. I used regular bathroom caulking because it is cheap and it works wonders.

Reactions: n2o_matt
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this will find it

i replied to a similar post but as i don know if u own a 1st or 2nd gen ill suggest something that solved the other post.

1 find a somwhat reliable friend
2 lock yourself in the boot
3 get your friend to hose down the trunk

this will find your leak, then you can look at solving it!
if it a second gen my moneys on the 2 boltz that attach the bumper!

hope this helps'

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: LEAKS! YIKES!

n4te33 said:
I had a trunk leak from underneath the spare tire console....you may want to take the tire out and check for puddles. I used regular bathroom caulking because it is cheap and it works wonders.

was there a hole in the bottom of the truck? i have the same problem but i dotn bother fixing it yet. so you just caulked it up and it stayed, later....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts