Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so maybe some of you remember last year I was gonna do the FE3 swap in my probe... well some REALLY bad stuff happend and that probe sadly ended up in a junk yard... : ( any how I am gonna do it the begining of next year ( I love tax time) so I found the $450 FE3 on Ebay... wanted to know if this guy is good to work with or if I sould source one elsewhere like off of a forum...

Second I would like to know exactly what is needed to build the best MSnS system. I am not gonna run coil packs but I will be running this engine with no turbo for now ( I wanna get it running perfect before I mess with the turbo stuff) but I am gonna run Larger Injects... maybe even 740cc...

Third wanted to know if anyone is interested and would be able to assemble the kit for me as I hate to think of burning a hole thru a board with the saldering gun lol....

thanks for all the info everyone...

Jeff

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
You can buy the kit preassembled...im slowing working toward getting ms, once the engine is running again, ill push for it more

I've been tossing the idea of buying one of those off ebay too, just havent had the need to yet...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've seen the ones that are preassembled but I want to make sure they r for the FE3 cuz I know each engine is differant... I am just gonna start by running it... Screw using a ecu from another car I will just start out doin it right...

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Hardware's the same, more or less. The magic is in the tuning.

Nice to see a DOHC Probe project again!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought that you had to build it with resisters in diferant places for differant cars and such... plus there is a few other things I want done... I think I am gonna have nick build mine when the time comes... he built my last one sooo... but anyway... yeah I cant wait for this project.... I also... sometime... want to make this the worlds 2nd AWS probe... but the engine will def come first unless I find a mazda REAL cheap...

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
There is no such thing as MSnS anymore mate. Hasn't been for a LONG time.

msextra is what you want.

If you buy prebuilt, don't cheap out. Build quality varies..... a lot... enough to care about...

If you want big injectors, you want ms2, if you want that big of injectors you want ms2 with sequential code. This is also msextra, but it is ms2extra.

Anything like this will require some board mods, probably quite a lot. If you get someone else to do it it will need to be custom. I think diyautotune do this, but it will cost you. It will cost you either way though, time or money. The nice part is if you figure it out yourself that when you change your mind you can fix and modify it further...

Fred.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that is what I had before for the f2t with 550 injectors... I am gonna have amd is the best build it for me as he has sucessfully built many of them... And I trust his work... He knows what he's doin so no prob there... Thanks for the info though...

Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
dont worry about injector size too much, my 880s idle pretty good on ms1

·
Registered
158 Posts
About that eBay FE3 seller, i bought my F8 DOHC from him, the engine had no problems... surprisingly there was no sludge in the cams nor in the pan, well worth $450. Only thing i would do when ordering, confirm that he gives you an FE-DOHC not an F8-DOHC he got them a bit confused because of the head castings both being stamped FE3N.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I know I saw that it was for sale... I would totally be all over that and for 2500 he will give tou the car, the msns, and the FE3... If only I hadnt bought the green monster lol... I would have totally been all over it...only twice what I bought this one for lol...

And thanks for the info on the seller... how can you tell the differance in the 2? sry have done much with this engine in the bast...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok... hey matt what part of utah r u in? i lived there for a bit wonderin if you ever saw my probe...

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
I believe that is what I had before for the f2t with 550 injectors...
Not unless it was quite a few years ago...

I am gonna have amd is the best build it for me as he has sucessfully built many of them... And I trust his work... He knows what he's doin so no prob there...
From what I've heard, I agree. Getting someone that knows your app to do it is a good move.

Thanks for the info though...
though? why though? it is all still relevant to you. the fact that msns hasn't been something anyone has used for many years is. The fact that injectors that size deserve (if not need) ms2, the fact that ms2e seq is out and tested to be working brilliantly. etc All true ;-) no though required. repeated ... also not required.

Fred.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No I think what I ment by that was the msextra... This was in 07... Not that it wasn't relevent... Sry...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha I lived in ogden... Worked at the krispy kreme in layton. Had a red 89 pgt that had an evo intercooler and a chopped up bumber... Car looked like it was smileing lol

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
lol smiling like a neon? I bought my black pgt fron ogden, cant remember the kids name, did alot of expensive mods that didnt really do a huge difference to the car, but when added with the right stuff made it nice, he worked on it for a good 2 years without driving it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts