Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i have been calling around the local area looking for a Valve cover gasket for my 2.5 L and well they all range between 180 to 240 bucks, wtf are they made out of gold or something... i was just wondering if anyone in the area or on the web knew where i could find a cheeper one? i seen some for about 90 US but i kinda wished in was in the area just in case [shizzle] happens.... thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, i give probart mazda a call, i skiped them cause i was like if carquest and partsouce is that high then fuck them... karma for you both for the help

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I got the same quote when I was searching for valve covers gaskets...turns out the dumbasses were giving me quotes for the HEAD gasket, not the valve cover gaskets. retards.

Anywho, I got them from a local mazda dealer for $40 or so each.

Reactions: John_Shea

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I go to my dealer religiously! They know me by first and last name now and know my phone number, year and make of car, model, and mileage off by heart! lol! And my car doesn't even break on me, I just like buying crap for it so it wont ever break!

Anyways, I paid about 120 taxes in for everything needed including the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, and throttle body gaskets. If your looking into doing it, I did a basic walk through on my cardomain site (in my sig) so you can see some pics. Other than that, I used the info found on this site to complete the task.

Good luck on the project!

Reactions: John_Shea

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
John, call mazda again, or even better go there talk with the parts department, and ask for a valve cover gasket, or even go to ford...

I can't see carquest and napa being that high

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Napa, i never tried.. but i called carquest, they want 235.00 for it, iam not going there since partsource or canadian tire was only 180.. iam gonna give napa and mazda a call see if they can give me a better deal then that... i payed less for my clutch so was is a stupid gasket so high.. i really don't get it, thanks to everyone for your imput as well

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no dude, i wish... i asked for a valve cover gasket, both for front and rear and they told me that much, it was [fizzle]ing insane when they told me.. even the guy at canadian tire was "like wow is your car made out of gold" i almost [shizzle] my self when i was told that much

i was thinking maybe 40 to 60 bucks... not 180 to 235

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
never go to canadian tire for anything other than windshield wipers.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
^^^And replacement bulbs...but thats about it...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL, i know, it was more of just a price quote, i called them second to carquest... btw thanks Koala.. thats awesome

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i know, i get most my tools there also, i picked up a 530 piece set for 49.99.. i thought that was a steel, or and like car care products for interor and exterior cleaning

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
umm, what kind of tools was that 530 piece set, i sure hope it was mastercraft and not jobmate.....................................................

sry i didn't get a chance to call crap tire, i'll try my best in the morning...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it's all good take your time... but the tools were the jobmate, but its got sockets/wrench, saw,hammer,plyers,wreanchs, about 200 or so bits for drill/screwdriver, tape measue, black tape, extra screws and crap... i have had no problems with it so far.. does the job for me

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
turns out i paid for only the rear valve cover gasket, and i paid cash at the dealer (i'm not sure how that worked, but that's what wayne said :E)

I'm tryin to get you a deal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts