Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'VE NOTICED I DONT HAVE AS MUCH POWER AS I USED TO. I AM GOING TO REPLACE MY SPARKPLUGS, I ALREADY DID WIRES. I AM ALSO GONNA DO HEADERS CAUSE I GOT AN EXHAUST LEAK AT THE EXH MANIFOLD. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE? WHAT ELSE DOES A TUNE UP CONSIST OF? COULD A LEAK AT THE EX MANIFOLD ROB ME OF POWER AND THROTTLE RESPONSE? I DONT SEEM TO HAVE THE GET UP AND GO THAT I USED TO.

ANY RECOS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I AM ALSO POSTING IN PERFORMANCE BUT PLEASE REPLY IN THIS ONE.

THANX
NICK
BLUMX6
=)

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
BLUMX6 said:
I'VE NOTICED I DONT HAVE AS MUCH POWER AS I USED TO. I AM GOING TO REPLACE MY SPARKPLUGS, I ALREADY DID WIRES. I AM ALSO GONNA DO HEADERS CAUSE I GOT AN EXHAUST LEAK AT THE EXH MANIFOLD. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE? WHAT ELSE DOES A TUNE UP CONSIST OF? COULD A LEAK AT THE EX MANIFOLD ROB ME OF POWER AND THROTTLE RESPONSE? I DONT SEEM TO HAVE THE GET UP AND GO THAT I USED TO.

ANY RECOS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I AM ALSO POSTING IN PERFORMANCE BUT PLEASE REPLY IN THIS ONE.

THANX
NICK
BLUMX6
=)
Degraded O2 sensors that are getting lazy (slow) can also cause driveability problems.

You may also want to check the fuel and air filters and the engine compression if you have the tester, especially if the engine is down on power.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just did my o2 sensors. i'm gonna check my filter tomorrow. i think i'm gonna change it anyway. whats the best filter out right now?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah, and where is the fuel filter and how do i check it or change it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THATS ABOUT IT, ADAM, JUST MILAGE AND IT'LL GET RID OF THAT ANNOYING CEL. IT RUNS RICHER WITH BAD O2'S, SO YOU MAY BE A LITTLE SLUGGISH, BUT THAT'LL GO AWAY WHEN U CHANGE EM. IF YOU DO, AUTOZONE HAS EM FOR LIKE $63 BUCKS. THEY'RE BOSCH TOO. THOSE ARE THE ONES I USED AND I'M FINE NOW. NO MORE CEL OR CRAPPY MILAGE. ABOUT 3MPG DIFF.

L8R
NICK
BLUMX6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts