Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to tune my car up new plugs an wires and whatever im just wondering does anybody else have any ideas to help it perform a little better

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Welcome to the site. For future reference, please use the search feature at the top of the page if you have simple questions. There is a huge amount of information on this site.

If you are doing plugs and wires, you might as well do a distributor cap and rotor, a PCV valve (possibly), and run a bottle of fuel system cleaner through it in a tank of premium gas. You will notice more power and most likely better fuel economy too.

·
Registered
778 Posts
the only maintenance that will improve performance is replacing something worn, if the ignition system is working ok then 99% of the time you wont gain 1% by changing its parts. if your doing it for maintenance then get NKG Vpower (i think theyre called) plugs, leads dont really make a difference, only replace the cap and rotor if worn or cracked.

check for diagnostic codes and replace things that give you a code e.g. 02 sensors as they will effect performance. hope that helps.

Reactions: artemis

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
buy some NGK plugs buddy, and check out PRDonline and their plug wires are awesome i hear. btw, are you aware of our bad distributors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts