Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright all you engine wise people out there...

If I were to get a turbo kit for the fe3 engine, what hp ratings at wheels could I possibly be looking at?? I checked over at probetalk and noticed that Boostedmx6 says his car has 400 and something hp at wheels... He probably has made some more adjustments to the car than just turbocharging....

Stock engine fe3 + turbo would = estimate hp ??

are there any other factors I would have to look into if I were to put the turbo in, like replacing some ... you know... engine and drivetrain stuff ???

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Turboing a FE3

Hello Haukur
I belive you can keep injectors,computer and all internals (also CR if you keep the boost under 0,5 bar and maybe even raise the boost to 0,7 bar with a big intercooler without changin anything
I can only guess what hp you can achive but maybe 220hp with 0,5 bar and 250hp with 0,7bar

The soutafrican 323 pickup with 406hp FE3 engine runs 1,65bar
When i use the +10% per 0.1bar rule with that car i get 392hp
but i belive he have gained some ekstra hp from intercoolers
There are also some doubts of the stock hp ratings on the Fe3 engines

The 88 engine are rated 148hp/6000 and 186nm/4000rpm
The 89-91 engine are rated 140hp/6000rpm
88 engine 10,2:1 in CR
89-91 engine 9,5:1 in CR
There are claims of 170hp stock in 88 engines but if this are true mazda probably underrated their engines to avoid the high taxes on highpower engines in countries like Norway
i know this have been done with other mazda engines too
once i saw a dyno of a 1,6l engine who mazda claimed to put out 98hp, it was measured too [email protected]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. That Helps alot... Now I just have to study up on my swedish to find out how much that turbo kit costs, in the email you sent me... I am not really sure which one it is...

But its a start... :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Price

Haukur said:
Great. That Helps alot... Now I just have to study up on my swedish to find out how much that turbo kit costs, in the email you sent me... I am not really sure which one it is...

But its a start... :)
It costs 13000-14000 SKR

Remember to look at Byggsatser they are listed alphabetic by car brand

PS this is not a bolt on kit,some welding of tubes are nesecary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts