Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i've only had my mx6 for 1 month and i'm still learning, um 2nite i gave mine a run for its money, and when i finished i opened the hood and the turbo was bright orange. i was wondering if this is normal after a thrashing? i've only just put a panel k&n filter in and could this of influenced the glow? um sorry bout the stupid question.

ryan

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
standard issue in msot cases
Mine glows and I have not even thrashed it just light driving but for long periods.
it's when you have only driven it for say under 30mins not hard all most off -boost then you have to question if the watercooling system is working ETC.

but this is why you turbo time your car to allow it to cool down the metals to a more constistant temperature. My timer does a perfect job. if it has 5mins on it I know it will be glowing and when it shuts off it's back to normal

·
Registered
237 Posts
ive had my car over heat before due to a faulty temp sensor and the fan wouldnt turn on. I was trashing it that night aswel , i popped the hood as soon as i noticed it chugging bad and boooooooy was it hot in there. But nothing was glowing red hot , just farkin hot under the hood(about 20x worse than ive ever seen on any car before , it was like an oven).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts